Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

[postlink] http://hollywudd.blogspot.com/2014/08/taylor-swift-shake-it-off_22.html [/postlink] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JMendofvid



[starttext]


"Shake It Off" is a song by American recording artist Taylor Swift for her upcoming fifth studio album, 1989. Written by Swift, Max Martin and Shellback, the single, a departure from her signature country pop musical style, is an uptempo pop track instrumented by saxophone. The song premiered during a Yahoo! live stream session on August 18, 2014; its music video was also released the same day. Hours later, "Shake It Off" was made available for digital download as the lead single from 1989.

"Shake It Off" was written by Swift, Max Martin and Shellback. Produced by Martin and Shellback, it lasts for a duration of three minutes and thirty nine seconds. Musically, "Shake It Off" is an uptempo pop song that scrapped Swift's traditional country pop musical style in her previous releases. It is instrumented by saxophone; Jason Lipshutz from Billboard compared the song's melody to that of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' song "Thrift Shop" (2013). A writer from Music Times, meanwhile, likened the song to Pharrell Williams' "Happy" (2013). Writing for The Hollywood Reporter, Shirley Halperin labelled "Shake It Off" "an uptempo version" of Idina Menzel's version of the Disney song "Let It Go" (2013).[1]

Lyrically, the song is dedicated to Swift's detractors. Swift explained that, "I’ve learned a pretty tough lesson that people can say whatever they want about us at any time, and we cannot control that. The only thing we can control is our reaction to that." In an interview for Rolling Stone, Swift further elaborated, "I've had every part of my life dissected — my choices, my actions, my words, my body, my style, my music. When you live your life under that kind of scrutiny, you can either let it break you, or you can get really good at dodging punches. And when one lands, you know how to deal with it. And I guess the way that I deal with it is to shake it off."




[endtext]

0 comments :

Post a Comment

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))